Saturday, August 06, 2005

Mammoth Lakes

I've been in Mammoth Lakes since Tuesday night. It's pretty nice here. The drive here was also pretty nice. Once you're in Nevada and heading South on I-395 it's really scenic. The highway goes along the Eastern Sierra Nevadas and has some really spectacular views. Mammoth Lakes is up pretty high, about 8000'. I'm still not quite adjusted to the elevation, so I get out of breath running up the stairs still... or maybe I'm just out of shape!
We got here about 3 days earlier than we needed to, but had no way of knowing that when we got here. The job has been slow to get going. So we've had 3 days to get all set up instead of 1 which is really nice. Our boss took us out to lunch and dinner the first night, that's a big deal for him because he's usually pretty cheap. It was probably the best dinner I've had since I was home in July! Any, it looks like they'll be drilling tonight so I came home early to try and get some sleep before my shift that starts at midnight. I'm going to be tired tonight though because I could only sleep for about 3 hours. I'll sleep good tomorrow for sure!
The drill site here is right near town in the Inyo National Forest. It's like a 5 minute drive from the condo we're staying at. The town is pretty nice too, lots of restaurants and some outlet shops. Tons of people around here too, apparantly this is a pretty popular place to visit. I plan on doing some fishing here as I've heard there's some pretty good fly fishing around here, there's a couple of cool looking fly shops around town too that I'll need to check out.
That's all for now, I should try to get some more sleep!!

No comments: