Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nicaragua '10

Well it sure has been a long time since I've updated this. I feel like I need to fill in the two year gap. So briefly, the rest of the trip in South America was great. Jess and I had a great time in Uruguay, at Iguazu Falls, Mendoza and Buenos Aires.

After we flew home (she to Tahoe, I to NY) I went out and visited, we went camping in Mammoth. A couple weeks later was my brother's wedding on Cape Cod, which was awesome.

And then Jess and I drove out to California to start in San Francisco. We've been living there for about 2 years now. I spent the first year working in the Geysers and Nevada. At the end of May we went to Nicaragua for a couple weeks of vacation in Granada and San Juan del Sur. It was great, we loved the country.

Then I spent almost a year working in Hawaii on the big island, working for a few weeks and going home to SF for a few weeks. It was actually nice. The first time I actually enjoyed my job. I surfed almost every day I was there.

And then a project was starting up in Nicaragua and my company wanted to know if anyone wanted to go. I enthusiastically volunteered. And that's where I am now. Sitting in the courtyard of our company house in Leòn in the Northwestern region of the country. The job site is nestled right in and amongst several volcanoes, one of which has a constant cloud of steam rising out of it and last erupted a few years ago.

No comments: