Sunday, March 12, 2006

Short break

So I get a phone call at like 2pm yesterday, It's my boss and he needs me to go back to Cobb. I ask when he needs me there and he says well you'd need to be there sometime early in the morning. I was like, that means that I basically need to leave now. And that's what I did, hung up the phone, grabbed a clean shirt, boxers, socks and my sleeping bag and made the 4 hour drive out here.
This is the sort of thing I won't miss when I'm done with this job. A little heads up would be nice, even if I had known 1 day in advance... I'd have been irritated to have such short notice, but it's better than "Hey Jon, get in your car and forget about any plans you had for the rest of the day/weekend because you have to come back to work." So I got here, ate a quick dinner and went to bed because I needed to be out here at like 4am (I think they wanted me to be out here earlier, but I really really don't care, I wanted to be back in Tahoe with my friends... you can't always get what you want.).
So my vacation was (once again) cut short. I won't be here more than 2 days, but it's just annoying.
That's enough complaining I think... I only have two and a half more months of this crap to put up with and I'll be outa here.

No comments: