Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Skiing again

Went skiing today, seemed like a nice day to ski. We didn't get the foot of snow that was forcast, but it was still a nice day to ski. My confidence got a little shaken after I hit my second tree in the first three runs of the day. The first tree was no big deal, just a little one. Didn't think much of it until I hit the next much bigger tree. I only encountered the branches on those trees, but the second was big and kinda hurt. After those two, I had two near misses where I was lucky to have fallen just before I would've hit them. I stayed on the trails after that, and quickly got frustrated with all the people around. All in all it wasn't bad, I think I'll go again tomorrow and show those trees whose boss.
I found out I'll be heading back to work on Thursday, and not down to the Imperial Valley like I had thought. Back to my home-away-from-home, Cobb. Can't wait. The good news is that I should miss most of the rig-up work, and it's a job that gives me plenty of time to do whatever I want while I'm there like read, finally get on learning to tie flies for fishing and learn some basic Chinese for my trip to Taiwan.

No comments: