Friday, April 21, 2006

Cobb

The vacation is over and I'm back at work. We had a nice range of weather in Tahoe while I was back, ranging from mid to high 60's and sunny to possibly one of the biggest snow storms of the year on Easter. On Easter we tried to go skiing, but were stymied by the relentless storm and the lack of time for avalanche control at Squaw. With over 2 feet of snow, I was essentially stuck at my friends' place. My car had trouble getting up their hill when there was only 1 foot of snow and I had the tire chains on. No point in trying to get home in those conditions. It was pretty crazy to have such a huge storm halfway through April.
Back here in Cobb though is a different story. It's sunny and hot during the day and clear and cool overnight, which is the shift I'm back to working again. I got a nice sunburn the first day I was here, and I'm regretting having packed my bag with so many warm clothes that aren't really needed here anymore. It was nice driving home from work yesterday at noon with the sunroof open and all the windows down (except the one rear window that's got a dead motor).
I managed to get some work done on my car while I was back in Tahoe, the exhaust was repaired for a mere $50 weld, I got the heater blower sort of working again but I suspect if I use it much it's going to self destruct even more than it already has. And when I got to Cobb, I picked up the check valve my father mailed here for me to fix the windshield washer system.
I've been taking a lot more photos lately with my film camera in the manual mode and keeping detailed notes on the settings so that I can get better at taking pictures and not relying on the full program mode on it. I'm almost finished with the first roll this way so I'll see the results soon enough. I found a great place to mail film for developing and scanning, Clark Color Labs, it's pretty cheap and for about $8 I can mail in my film and get prints and a cd back with fairly high resolution scans.

No comments: