Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Minx is gone

My scooter was stolen yesterday while I was teaching. I had referred to it as the Minx because it helped me remember the license plate number - MNX 169, and I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Unfortunately it's very difficult for me to report it stolen because I'm not legally allowed to own a scooter here until I have my official work permit (ARC) which won't be for another 2 weeks or so. So I have no title, no registration and no official drivers license even. I tried, with the help of one of my awesome co-teachers, to report it stolen and they basically said that I would have to find the person it was last registered to and bring them in to report it stolen. The last person to have it registered was like 5 owners ago from what I understand, so that's not likely to happen. And even if I did, it's just as unlikely that they'd ever find it anyway. It's really no more than a frustration, I've had bicycles that cost as much stolen back home. It just means I'll be taking the bus again for awhile until I have enough money to get something else. I may replace it with a motorcycle... they look a lot cooler than scooters and seem like they'd be more fun to drive. We'll see.

No comments: