Sunday, October 22, 2006

October 23

On Friday last week I bought a motorcycle. It's pretty sweet, a lot of fun to drive. I was a little irritated by the guy that I sold my scooter to, he lives in the dorm here and is actually the guy that showed me the motorcycle. I had told him that I paid $10,000 for the scooter and would like to get that much for it, he said he wasn't willing to pay that because the shocks were no good. So I said ok, shocks could be like $2000, I'll sell it to you for $8000. Then he started getting all worried about things going wrong with it and I told him that if something broke on it like right after he bought it I'd split the cost with him on repairs. So he goes to a shop to see how much the shocks would be and told me it'd be $900 for the shocks. I said that's sweet, so you want to buy it? And he said yeah, so you'll give me $450 towards the shocks? And I was like no, I gave you $2000 towards the shocks already. Keep in mind that $450nt is like $15US. So he's like come on, make me a deal. So at this point I was really just pissed at him for being such a shister. I could understand doing this sort of bargaining with someone you don't really know, but we live in the same freaking place. So I said to him, "Whatever, this is stupid to be like this over $15US, I'll give you $300nt off, $10US. How's that? Does that make you happy?" And he was like yeah that's good enough. Just stupid really. Anyway, the guy at the motorcycle shop was asking $20,000 for the motorcycle. He showed me on the calculator 20,000. So, I took it and put in 17,000. And he takes it back and shakes his head and puts in 19,000. I thought to myself, "Do I dare?" and took the calculator back and put in 18,000. And he was like ok. It's a nice little motorcycle. It's got 2900km on it and drives pretty nice.

No comments: