Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bored as hell on Mt. Meager

This is my 30th day at the drill site on Mt. Meager in British Colombia. I've been ready to leave for a while now. It's gotten a bit colder and rainier since I arrived and that's not helping. I went for a walk today because I feel super lazy. I get up and eat dinner, head to work and sit around for 12hrs getting up to catch a sample every half hour or so, then I go have breakfast and go to bed. Not too much physical activity.
Life in the camp isn't too bad, we have satellite tv and slow internet. The food isn't bad, but they seem to have a 1 week rotation on the menu and I've had enough of it. For the most part I've had a room in a trailer diconnected from the main camp, but they're moving me around from room to room now and I'm not enjoying that too much. I can't tell which of my clothes are clean and which are dirty. I should probobly just wash it all.

No comments: