Thursday, May 26, 2005

May 26 Hike Up Mt. Meager

May 26 Hike Up Mt. Meager

These are some pictures I took on my hike up the mountain. Going up from
the rig there isn't a trail so it's a little more difficult than walking
down the logging road a few kilometers. Also, it gets a bit steep as you
get up near the year-round snow cover. In fact, I wasn't sure how I was
going to get back down when I got up there. I was really wishing there
was two feet of snow and that I had a pair of skis, it would have been a
piece of cake then. My hiking boots would have been nice too, Merrell
clogs really didn't cut it. Beautiful view from up there. For the most
part, I was hiking right along a ridge that dropped off into a cirque to
my left, and I really mean dropped off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jonathan, these are some spectacular photos! Hey should I mail the hiking boots? Looks like you could use them! Love ya, mom :)