Saturday, May 21, 2005

oops

So I decided I would do all my laundry last night. Dick said that after 11pm would be good because noone else would be trying to use the washer. I didn't get down there until maybe 12:30 to throw my stuff in. I had just one load of wash to do, my jeans didn't come out clean on the first try so i put them in the washer for a second cycle and the rest in the drier. By the time I got back down to check on it again, it was about 5am. I ran into the guy that does laundry and other stuff around cam, Carl, and he said that every guy on that side of camp wanted to know who was doing laundry so late, apparantly it was a bit loud. Oops. Well it wasn't quite done yet and he said don't worry they're all awake already just let it finish. So when I came down to breakfast at 7:30 he told me they took all my stuff up to the rig to see who came to get it. I didn't believe him and went and looked in the laundry room and it was gone. He recommended waiting until my shift tongiht to get it but all I could think about was these guys throwing my bag of clothes into the sump pit! This is, of course, basically all the clothes I have with me except for what I was wearing. So I'm walking back to my room thinking about whether I should try and sneak up there and make off with my clothes or just wait. Carl is sneaky old bastard though, he had brought my clothes back to my room while I was eating breakfast and just played a little joke on me. I'm just glad to have my clothes back! I can sleep easy today.
In other news, we hit a fracture last night and lost a lot of fluid (this is really good for a geothermal well and what they have been hoping would happen all along). That's nice, but they may decide to run another bit. That would mean I'd be here until sometime next week. I really really hope they decide not to. Today marks my 5th week here without a day off. I'm ready to get the hell out!
Hopefully my next post will be to say they aren't going to and I'm on my way.

No comments: